Your anniversary is coming up soon, and you want to do something different besides going to dinner and a movie. There are so many other fun and exciting things you could be doing, and if it is a milestone anniversary, you really should do something a bit different than what you normally do. You are only limited by your imagination when it comes to awesome anniversary date ideas. Here are some of our favorites.
1) Take a Cooking Class - It is always fun to learn something new together, and taking a cooking class is a really neat twist on the traditional anniversary dinner. You will be working together to create a culinary masterpiece.
2) Go to an Arcade - You're still young (or at least young at heart), so show it by having fun on your anniversary and visiting an arcade. You can challenge each other to beat the high scores, and offer rewards for high scores (to come later, of course).
3) Get Physical - No, we're not talking sex (although we are not entirely ruling it out either). You and your honey can enjoy a special wedding anniversary hike along a romantic trail. Maybe it can end with a romantic picnic, and if you are all alone, who knows what could happen next.
4) Go Parking - When you were first dating, did you have a spot where you would drive to and make out? Why not recreate those old memories and do it again. Just make sure that you have plenty of privacy, or not, if that's what you're into.
5) Stay at Home - You don't have to go out in order to have a great anniversary. In fact, you can enjoy some great alone time together at home. Snuggle up together in your pajamas, and order a meal to be delivered to be eaten while you watch a favorite movie together.
6) Write Love Letters - Take a few minutes to write each other love letters, but don't exchange them. Put them away to be read on your next anniversary. This is a great tradition you can start now, and you will have beautiful memories to cherish forever.
7) Have Lots of Sex - Plan to have sex once for every year that you have been together. If you have been together for a very long time, you may need more than one day to accomplish this, and it might be a good idea to block out an entire weekend.
8) Have an Afternoon Date - Take the day off work and go to see a movie in the middle afternoon. Spoil your supper with plenty of popcorn and Raisinettes, and don't worry about extra calories on this special day.
9) Take a Yoga Class - Relax and unwind together at a relaxing yoga classes (it will also get you nice and limbered up for later when you are ready to start having the real anniversary fun).
10) Talk about the Future - This is your day to be together, and it couldn't be a better time to talk about the things you want to do together in the future. Make plans, set goals, and find the things that are going to make you happy together.
Here are some more cool anniversary ideas and resources:
- Make a Collage - Take some of your favorite couples' pics and make an awesome collage at Picmonkey.
- Hang with Friends - Enjoy a party catered by Chiplote's. Learn more at Chipotle catering prices.
- Romantic Getaways - Find romantic getaway trips at VacationIdea.
- Explore New City - Spend a weekend in new city, and find out where to go at Vimbly.