Parents, you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.

Or just as likely, we’ve got questions and you’ve got answers.

Challenge: Finding Your Village

You Are Enough

Vote up!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this article

cd4ec3de666b007323bb044a9f28ed374b3312f5.jpgI'm just the girl standing in the dressing room trying to talk myself out of the sweatpants.

Why though? Why can't I wear sweatpants? Because my mind says NO, though my soul says, "Don't listen."

Elastic and stretchy means I'm wearing fat clothes. I shouldn't because then I will be encouraged to eat too much. My mind says you shouldn't, but my soul says, "Don't listen."

I'm not good enough. I'll never be thin enough. I'll never wear a 6 or even an 8 again. My mind says you are not enough, but my soul says, "Don't Listen."

You should exercise. You should get up in the morning and walk and do more than drink coffee and make lunches. My mind says you're lazy, my soul says, "Don't Listen."

You should shower more often, wear makeup, cook dinner, be more, be better, be what you will never be. My mind says you're lesser, my soul says, "Don't Listen."

My soul says, "You're healthy."
My soul says, "You're perfect."
My soul says, "You're strong."
My soul says, "You're a daughter, a wife, and a mama and you are enough."

The sweatpants don't matter after all.

This post comes from the TODAY Parenting Team community, where all members are welcome to post and discuss parenting solutions. Learn more and join us! Because we're all in this together.