Getting babies and small children to sleep has never been easier, thanks to the help of a number of apps you can use on your iPhone. Believe it or not, there are loads of apps that make bedtime a whole lot better, and easier. Yes, your iPhone is for a lot more than just texting and taking photos. You can use it to manage a lot of areas in your life, including getting your kids to bed and to sleep at a decent hour every night. Let’s take a look at what we think are some of the best bedtime apps for iPhone and Android users.
- Goodnight Safari – This is a bit different form other sleep apps for babies. It is a story app for children ages 2 to 4, and it puts your kids right in the middle of the stories. Your kids can help to get animals in Africa ready to go to sleep with bedtime routines, so it is also a great learning app to teach them how to get themselves ready for bed. This is an interactive app with a mellow narration that helps kids to relax and go to sleep easier and faster. This is a free app for iPhone users.
- Lullaby for Babies – Music soothes the savage beast, and it can also soothe the crankiest of babies. It offers pre-recorded lullabies, including classics like “Hush, Little Baby”, that will help to lull your baby to sleep. There is a timer you can set so the songs will play for as long as you want them to. This app is free for Android users.
- Baby Shusher – Do you spend hour after hour shushing your infant to sleep? If so, this app is ideal for you, so you can get some sleep yourself. The app gives your baby those same shushing sounds, and there is a timing feature so it will continue making the sound and you can go about your business, or even get some much-needed sleep. It will even automatically adjust the volume if your baby begins to cry. This app is free for iPhone and Android users and is recommended by Sell iPhone community.
- Baby Snooze – It is a well-known fact that soothing sounds can lull a baby to sleep more quickly than most other sleep methods, and the most relaxing sounds are those that your baby heard while in the womb. This app gives you those same sounds to help soothe your baby to sleep. They will have that calming feeling of still being in the womb, hearing the sound of a heartbeat, along with low-frequency sounds similar to what they heard pre-birth.
- Sleepy Kids – Hypnotic Stories to Help Your Kids Sleep – Some kids just can’t go to sleep without being read a bedtime story. This app will do the reading for you, and the stories will last for 30-45 minutes. These magical stories will inspire sweet dreams, and help your kids fall asleep faster. They will also sleep more soundly, because they have had that chance to relax before going to sleep. The stories offer messages that inspire confidence and happiness.
- Weissbluth Method Infant Nap App – This is a great app for you to learn about how to make the most out of baby nap time. It is inspired by “Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child” by Dr. Marc Weissbluth, and it offers all kinds of great tips and advice on nap time for babies from birth to one year. There are even reminders that will adjust automatically with your baby’s age. You can use it to create a nap log that will help you track the sleep schedule.
This post comes from the TODAY Parenting Team community, where all members are welcome to post and discuss parenting solutions. Learn more and join us! Because we're all in this together.