Parents, you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.

Or just as likely, we’ve got questions and you’ve got answers.

Challenge: We love our pets

My Naughty Dog

Vote up!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this article

e7f2f91fe3b51875133247113ce0340f9eb25431.jpg

This dog has been challenging since the day we got him. The previous owner called us before we could bring him home saying he was so noisy that she thought she needed more time to train him. We said, “Nah, we got this!”

In the first few weeks, he ate a twenty dollar bill, knocked over various plants, ate numerous shoes, and of course peed every thirty minutes. We chalked it all up to him being a puppy.

Fast forward to the night before my wedding. All my bridesmaids were sleeping over, and I made them cupcakes. I went upstairs to change as he jumped on the table eating all the cupcakes, including the wrappers. Unbeknownst to me, my bridesmaids were calling animal poison control to make sure he didn’t die on my wedding eve. They didn’t even tell me until a year later!

Now he eats the kids’ food on a daily basis.

During another incident, he managed to get through our fence into our neighbor's yard. They were enjoying a nice summer day with their back door open. He ran through the house and up their stairs. He was so fast, they thought he was a coyote.

Now he’s 12, and has only mildly slowed down.

And we STILL love him. He’s pretty cute after all.

This post comes from the TODAY Parenting Team community, where all members are welcome to post and discuss parenting solutions. Learn more and join us! Because we're all in this together.