Parents, you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.

Or just as likely, we’ve got questions and you’ve got answers.

Challenge: Springtime Crafts for Kids

A Home Filled with Easter

Vote up!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this article

I love this time of year! Daffodils and tulips are beginning to peek through, the grass turns green and the trees begin to blossom. It is Springtime, and it is Easter. For many it is a fun celebration filled with chocolate bunnies and Easter Egg Hunts. And for a lot of us it is also a religious holiday; a spiritual time for reflection and appreciation.

As I get ready to celebrate this special occasion, I can't help but feel thankful. No matter how difficult or hard life can get, I'm learning that there is always, ALWAYS, something to be thankful for. And if I focus on my many blessings in life, it's easy to see even more of the wonderful opportunities around me.

This time of year brings a lot of new beginnings. Not only just in nature, but many people are looking for a new move and a fresh start.

Our family's house is on the market, and it's exciting to think we too may soon be onto a new adventure, a change of scenery, and a new beginning!

It is a fun, stressful, and a crazy phase of life that we are in, but I am trying to enjoy it! I'm trying to savor all of the good precious moments. And I am excited to be celebrating Easter with my family!

I really enjoy planning festive activities with my children. As we gear up for a few egg hunts and holiday parties, I though I'd share a few things we have been doing around the house. Decorating eggs, playing a few new games, and making a simple yet delicious snack :)

1st up - Egg Coloring!

We have tried dyes, stencils, stickers, and probably even more. While a lot of these ways are fun and creative, I am often left with a big mess to clean up. So, two years ago I discovered (thanks to Pinterest) that crayons work really well! Not only is this way clean, easy, and fun, but the colors are so vibrant when coloring on a warm freshly boiled egg! Here are a few of our photos:

You can tell which eggs Mady colored when they were still warm, and which ones the boys colored after the eggs cooled off. But either way, they all turned out beautiful!

Next up - Games!

Here are two easy and inexpensive ways my children enjoyed playing with their plastic colored eggs. No matter their age, it's great hand-eye coordination. And for the older ones you can make it competitive and even time them:

Game #1 - this was a fun matching exercise! I pulled out Candy Land game cards to make a pattern, then they had to duplicate that below the cards with plastic eggs.

Game #2 - for my older two they competed while being timed by the youngest. Here they had to use their chop sticks to grab puff balls and drop them in the matching color egg in their tray. First one to fill their tray, or beat their old time won!

Lastly, - Snack Time!

Thank you to Kellogg's Rice Krispies for this easy, delicious treat!

Happy Easter to our Adore Them readers!

This post comes from the TODAY Parenting Team community, where all members are welcome to post and discuss parenting solutions. Learn more and join us! Because we're all in this together.