Upgrade your breakfast with this sweet potato and red pepper skillet topped with a fried egg! The perfect hearty and healthy breakfast that's packed with flavor!
Sweet Potato & Red Pepper Hash
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 10 hr
- Cooking Time: 25 hr
- 3 cups sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced small
- ½ cup red onion, diced small
- 3 garlic cloves, grated
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp old bay seasoning
- 3 tablespoons oil, divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 eggs
- Garnish: avocado, chives and sliced red long hot peppers
- Boil the sweet potatoes for about 10 minutes or until just fork tender and drain.
- Heat a skillet on medium high and add 2 tbsp oil.
- Add chopped onions and peppers, salt and cook until softened.
- Add garlic, stirring continuously until garlic is fragrant but not browned.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Add remaining one tablespoon of oil in skillet and add drained sweet potatoes in single layer and cook until the potatoes start to get golden brown in color.
- Add old bay, chili powder and onion pepper mixture back into the pan.
- Make wells in the potato and pepper mixture and crack eggs into them.
- Cover the pan until eggs are set to your preference.
- Serve with sliced avocados, sliced chilis and chopped chives.