About the TODAY Food Club
What is this?
Here at the TODAY Food Club, there's no such thing as too many cooks in the kitchen. Everyone is welcome to join and share their expertise, and also to learn from others. We're collecting your stories, recipes and photos; your advice, questions and answers. Take a seat at the TODAY table, along with Al, Natalie, Siri and our talented TODAY food team. Food, after all, is best when shared!
Why join and contribute?
Because you've got ideas to make our lives easier and tastier! Let's bring together our collective knowledge to help make cooking less of a chore and something we look forward to. At the TODAY Food Club, you can:
- Post your proudest recipes, kitchen hacks and the stories behind them.
- Ask and answer questions in our Kitchen Q&A.
- Earn badges and become a TODAY insider. You can even put this awesome TODAY contributor badge on your own site.
- Get our weekly newsletter featuring the best tips and recipes from the community, plus weekly meal plans.
- Access exclusive sweepstakes, special offers and must-have deals.
- Potentially be featured on TODAY.com, on the TODAY show, in our newsletter and social channels.
How does this work?
- Start posting! Every month, TODAY editors will pose a challenge, which you can see on our challenge page. Write a post that answers our challenge and you may be featured on TODAY! You can post as often as you want. You can also upvote other people's posts. Any recipes you post in full must be your own, and photos posted must be yours as well.
- Your name, photos, content and comments may be featured or referenced on the TODAY show and its digital and social platforms. You may also be awarded badges like Top Contributor or TODAY Fave.
- That's it! You're in. Enjoy!
- Wait, one more thing: Spread the word! If you like the community here, share us on social media so your friends can join, too. The more the merrier.
I'm in! How do I post?
Once you've joined the community:
- Log in to the site via the top-right button in the header. If you're already logged into your TODAY.com account, you can just click Join in the header.
- Check out the current challenge and click "Join the Conversation"
- Use the editor tool to craft a post with your recipe, personal story, and /or photos
- Proofread! You cannot delete your post after you submit. If you need to do so, please contact email@example.com for help.
- Submit your post and wait for publication confirmation!
- You can also save your post as a draft. To find it again, click the "Join the Conversation" and your most recent draft post will open. To find another draft, click "Select Post" at the bottom of the draft page.
- Your story, name, comments and photos may be used or referenced by the TODAY show and its digital and social platforms. If that excites you, YAY! If you are freaking out about that, send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to have your account removed.
Be sure to keep in mind the following guidelines when submitting posts:
- The first picture is the most important and will be the thumbnail/main image so make sure it's high-quality and at least 400x400 pixels.
- You may not post any content or photographs that do not belong to you or that you haven't gotten explicit permission to use from the owner.
- No promotional posts or giveaways, please.
- Nothing appearing in your posts may be the results of paid or otherwise induced product placement.
- If you received anything free (including a free meal or free book) you must disclose this in your post as per FTC guidelines. This could be a statement similar to "Disclosure: I received the book featured in this review for free from the publisher."
- Posts should contain no cursing or defamatory or inappropriate language, please.
Help spread the word about your posts on the TODAY Parenting Team site via Facebook, Twitter and other social media outlets with the hashtag #TODAYFoodClub. Thanks for joining us and be sure to contact email@example.com if you have any questions. Excited to have you aboard!
Be nice. That's basically it. This is a place for all of us to share in the food we love. In other words, don't yuck someone's yum! The TODAY Food Club is here to celebrate diverse cooking and making it easier to get dinner on the table If someone's being rude, please tell us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Play nice, and don't make us tell you to pack your knives and go, because we totally will if needed.
Will I get paid to contribute?
Nope, this is a community powered by the desire to share solutions and swap stories. At times, there may be specific incentives and prizes awarded.
Questions? Concerns? Suggestions? Three-ingredient crockpot recipes?
We want to hear from you. Email email@example.com.