Here’s a quick, easy, unexpected twist on fall flavors! It's especially perfect for those with gluten sensitivity. It pairs wonderfully with turkey and lamb, or whatever you like!
Spicy Apple Cran Pecan QuinoaPrep Time: 15 min Cooking Time: 15 min
- 1 apple peeled & cubed (I used Cortland but use what you like)
- 1 shallot diced
- ½ cup fresh sage chopped
- ¼ cup fresh plain parsley, chopped
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup dried cranberries/craisins
- 1 tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Prepare quinoa according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Drizzle olive oil in a sauté pan. Add shallots & apple, sauté over medium heat until shallots become translucent & apple softens.
- Stir in herbs, pecans, dried cranberries, & spices (adjust to taste as preferred). Once fully combined, mix in the cooked quinoa. Let cook, mixing, for about 5 minutes until evenly blended. Plate and serve.