This Boston Cream Poke Cake Mix Recipe is a chocolaty, creamy, heavenly delight. It is so simple to make using a cake mix. I am going to teach you how to make it perfect the first time.
HOW TO MAKE A DELICIOUS AND EASY BOSTON CREAM POKE CAKE
- Yield: 12
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cooking Time: 30 min
- 1 box BUTTER OR YELLOW cake mix (Ingredients to mix cake as directed on box)
- 2 - 3.4 ounces boxes instant vanilla pudding
- 4 cups milk
- ¼ cup heavy cream plus 2 tablespoons
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate (I used Baker's chocolate squares)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix the cake mix according to the directions on the package.
- Bake according to the package in a 9x13 baking pan.
- When cake is done after testing it with a toothpick that comes out clean, remove it from the oven.
- Poke holes in it about an inch apart using the back of a wooden spoon.
- Mix two boxes vanilla instant pudding with 4 cups milk until smooth.
- Pour over the cake with holes poked in the cake.
- Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours until pudding is set.
- MIX GANACHE:
- Heat the butter and heavy cream in the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes. Do not let it boil.
- Remove from the microwave and add the chocolate.
- Allow the chocolate to stand for a couple of minutes then whisk it until smooth.
- Whisk in the powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour over the cake and pudding that has been refrigerated.
- Refrigerate until chocolate ganache is set a couple of hours.