Breakfast never looked so easy! Quiche is super simple to make, and the perfect way to use all your leftover veggies before they go bad. Quiche is great for brunch with friends, or even “breakfast for dinner” after a long day at work. This quiche is crustless to ensure even those with gluten sensitivities can enjoy. If you want to include a crust, you can try an almond meal crust or even thinly sliced potatoes.
Crustless Kale Quiche
- Yield: 4 servings
- Cooking Time: 30 min
- 6 organic cage-free eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ red onion, diced
- ½ red pepper, diced
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Raw cheddar or feta cheese to top (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and add garlic and pinch of sea salt. Sauté for a few minutes.
- Add onions and red peppers and sauté until lightly browned.
- Add the kale and sauté for 5-10 minutes, until slightly wilted.
- Lightly grease a pie pan with coconut oil.
- Once the veggies are done, add them to the pie pan. Then, add in the beaten eggs and mix. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Top with cheese for an extra kick of flavor.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the eggs are fully cooked. You can test by putting a fork in the middle and if there is no egg on the fork, you are good!