An easy, very satisfying cheese dish.
Cheesey Veggie QuichePrep Time: 30 hr Cooking Time: 45 hr
- 1 deep dish prepared pie crust
- 12 oz. grated Jarlsburg cheese
- 3 Tbl flour
- ¾ cup milk
- 3 eggs
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp salt
- Dash pepper
- Pkg of either frozen chopped spinach, chopped broccoli
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, mix the cheese with the flour, coating well.
- Beat the eggs, milk, nutmeg, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- If using a vegetable, defrost and squeeze all moisture out.
- Combine the cheese, egg mixture and vegetable (if using)
- Pour into pie shell and bake for 45 minutes to one hour until firm.
- Let set 10 minutes and serve.
These quiches can be made in advance, baked partially and finished before serving. They freeze well and can be made several at a time, in different varieties for parties. Perfect for baby or bridal showers. Also, great for Yom Kippur break fasts.