Parents, you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.

Or just as likely, we’ve got questions and you’ve got answers.

Challenge: Cocktail Hour

Blue Cheese Rimmed Bloody Mary-Tini

Vote up!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this article

I love a great Bloody Mary and I also love a great Dirty Martini with blue cheese stuffed olives. So I will share with you my favorite summer drink that combines the best of both of those, my Blue Cheese Rimmed Bloody Mary-Tini. One of the best parts of both drinks are the blue cheese stuffed olives, so I add a thin layer of blue cheese to the inside rim of the glass so I get a tiny taste of that blue cheese flavor with every sip. I also love to garnish my drinks with as many pickled vegetables as I can find or make. And now that we are savoring all of the wonderful spring vegetables that are in season, it's a great reason to make this amazing drink with all of your favorite veggies. You'll almost feel as if it was a healthy salad...wink wink. ;)

Blue Cheese Rimmed Bloody Mary-Tini

• Servings: 6 ounces
  • Yield: 1 serving
  • Prep Time: 10 min

Ingredients

• 2 ounces vodka
  • 1 ounce dry vermouth
  • 3 ounces bloody mary mix
  • ½ ounce dill pickle juice
  • ¼ teaspoon horseradish
  • ¼ teaspoon celery salt, divided
  • 1 tablespoon blue cheese crumbles
  • Splash of milk or cream
  • Garnish options - pickles, celery, pickled asparagus, olives, candied bacon, cocktail onions, pickled garlic scapes and pepperoncini

Preparation

1. Add two ice cubes to a martini shaker. Then add vodka, vermouth, bloody mary mix, pickle juice, horseradish and half of the celery salt. Shake well.
  2. Add blue cheese, cream and remaining celery salt to a small bowl and thoroughly combine. Add a thin layer to the inside rim of a martini glass. Pour the shaken mixture into the martini glass and garnish with your favorite pickled veggies.

Recipe Tags

A great way to keep your martini from being watered down, is to make your own ice cubes. Here's what I do. I add some pickle juice to an ice cube tray, then I sprinkle in some celery salt and a drop of worcestershire sauce.

b19d31964a46e6d65c81937f80c5fafde180a4ad

Then, I add some bloody mary mix to the ice cube tray and freeze. a805e143858d5f82f0f3f46e2d35dd1b22db95d6

Feel free to drop in some olives to the ice cubes before freezing.18fefcaf69d4acfc77c47e0d58475529c775b02b

When they are frozen, transfer them to a sealed bag and keep frozen until ready to use. Don't forget to put the label and date the bag. 01be5ed8d06fc45a93d77f880fbe35757879ce5d

This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!