Parents, you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.

Or just as likely, we’ve got questions and you’ve got answers.

Challenge: Share your mom lessons

Warrior Girl: "Don't Worry Mom: We're Survivors"

Vote up!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this article

60610ed75728ad80bb2c86b87bce93933937315b.jpg

I often joke that I want to be like my daughter when I grow up. She is truly awesome.

During our hike a few days ago, we found ourselves under siege by a swarm of bees after accidentally disturbing their hive...

One minute we're laughing and climbing a dirt hill, the next minute we found ourselves in battle with relentless bees that stuck onto us from every direction.

Jalen was safe in a clearing ahead.

I tried getting them off of us but nothing worked. They just kept coming. They wouldn't come off!

I'm usually calm and composed in moments of crises but for some reason, in this moment, I totally freaked out. There were SO many bees all over us! And they kept coming!

We finally escaped and I miraculously was left untouched while Madeline got stung TWICE! Once on her leg and then on her forehead.

As we got to safety, I worked fast to make mud and tried to soothe where she was stung. With complete calmness and confidence, she says: "It's okay mommy. Don't worry, we're survivors".

First reaction: WOW.
Second thought: That's my girl.

In this world, there are moments when the "bees of life” definitely sting. And yet, we definitely survive, always overcome and deliberately thrive.

Proud momma of a warrior girl.

Moms to grow your inner power, strength and resilience, check out the Women Evolving YouTube Channel
#warriorgirl #warriorchild #warrior #girlpower #overcoming #overcomingobstacles #stronggirls #femininepower #risingstrong #thriving #lifeadventure

This post comes from the TODAY Parenting Team community, where all members are welcome to post and discuss parenting solutions. Learn more and join us! Because we're all in this together.