Parents, you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.

Or just as likely, we’ve got questions and you’ve got answers.

Challenge: Pregnancy and Infant Loss

Wondering About My Babies

Vote up!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this article

My favorite spot in my house is the top of my stairs. After I put my girls down for their naps, I usually sit there and wait just in case someone needs me again. After my husband and I conquer bed time, I find my spot and wait for him to change out of his work clothes so we can binge watch tv. After I’ve had a difficult day filled with anxiety and depression, I sit there and take a breath before picking back up.

Then, there are days like today when I sit here and spot the fingerprints on the walls and the baby sock that has lost its way out of the drawer. I sit here and think about the babies I miscarried before finally having my two beautiful children.

I think about their first words.

I think about their little hands reaching for my face.

I think about their favorite books.

I think about the color of their eyes.

I think about whether they would be belly or tummy sleepers.

I think about whether they would want me to sing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star or The Wheels on the Bus before bedtime.

I think about them.

I think about them and miss them.

I think about them and miss them and wish I could have held them.

And, I cry.

I cry for me.

I cry because they were mine.

I cry because I’m a mama without three of her babies.

And, then, after the tears have all fallen I remember that they’re with one another in heaven. They’re with Jesus.

And, I’m here sitting on these stairs waiting for the day I can hold them again.

ffc000da504f0daa5b566c2537f7e3bfd084a326.jpeg

This post comes from the TODAY Parenting Team community, where all members are welcome to post and discuss parenting solutions. Learn more and join us! Because we're all in this together.