Parents, you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.

Or just as likely, we’ve got questions and you’ve got answers.

Challenge: Gratitude & Giving

The Season For Giving

Vote up!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this article

511497a123076763cce1498a6e5fa6c9cd490313.jpg

Giving someone else a smile can give you an immeasurable joyful feeling. I definitely make sure that my children understand that giving back is so important. There are many different ways we enjoy the holiday season while giving back. One of our favorite ways is to visit Santa. The children take a free picture with Santa, donations are accepted and the proceeds will help benefit children in local hospitals. Before the children leave they can also draw or color a picture and leave a nice message for the children. We almost always participate in a toy drive. The children and I pick out a few toys and drop them off at a local shelter or toy drive event. This year, since this past Thanksgiving, the kids have been working on a card a day to turn in by Christmas Eve to the children at our local hospital. I am proud of them because they have been trying to make as many cards as they can by Christmas. It is a nice way to let the children know that we are thinking about them, as well as, teach my children to always be thankful for their health and strength. It is so important to teach our kids to give back, show gratitude and always lend a helping hand. Happy Holidays!

This post comes from the TODAY Parenting Team community, where all members are welcome to post and discuss parenting solutions. Learn more and join us! Because we're all in this together.