Teriyaki chicken skewers are sweet, tangy and tender. Super simple and family approved.
Prep time: 1/2 hour
Cook time: 4-6 minutes
2 Tablespoons ginger, minced
2 teaspoon garlic, sliced
1 shallot, sliced
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 bottle Ponzu Soy sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 Tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 limes, juiced
Corn starch slurry- mix 1/2 c corn starch + 1/4 c water
1. Sweat the ginger, garlic and shallots in oil over medium heat. Deglaze with soy Ponzu. Add brown sugar, honey, salt and lime.
2. Stir to dissolve. Turn heat to medium high and whisk in 1 to 2 teaspoons of the slurry until sauce is thick. Strain sauce through a fine mesh sieve. Set aside to use as a dip.
Marinated Grilled Chicken:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into thin 1/2 inch strips lengthwise
5 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 1 shallot, minced
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
Fresh cracked black pepper
Heat grill or grill pan to medium high.
1. Marinate chicken in oil, aromatics and seasonings 20 minutes.
2. Skewer strips of chicken and grill 2 minutes on first side, then 1 to 2 minutes on other side.
3. Hang exposed wooden parts of skewer off the grill to prevent the wood from burning.
4. When skewers come off the grill, dip chicken in teriyaki sauce and serve.
1. Temper chicken: Let protein sit out 1/2 hour to take the chill off. This helps it cook and sear. Because, the core temperature is the same as the outside. Cold protein throws off cooking times and lowers the temperature of your pan or grill.
2. Serve with broccoli florets.
3. Make extra sauce. It's yummy.
What's Cooking?... With Mama J
This post comes from the TODAY Parenting Team community, where all members are welcome to post and discuss parenting solutions. Learn more and join us! Because we're all in this together.