Ten Awesome Things About Getting Older:
1. You no longer care what people think. You own your style, your flaws, your awesomeness. Cuz you ain’t got time for no janky nonsense.
2. There’s no guilt when turning down invites, saying no to things that don't serve you and sending regrets. You know where you need to be and put yourself there; no GPS is required.
3. You know who your people are and let go of those who aren’t. Again, you ain’t got time for that stuff.
4. You are grateful for the things you have and no longer desire the things you don't. Purge. Save. Choose wisely.
5. You can smell BS a mile away. Users don’t stand a chance. And energy suckers are toast. Bye, Felicia.
6. You know what you like when it comes to things like food, fashion, company, movies, music, bada-bing. And you aren't afraid to ask for it. Ummm. Excuse me. Yep.
7. You no longer feel guilty when you can’t return a text, email or phone call because you accept the season you are in. Haters gonna hate. Lovers gonna keep lovin.
8. You can go places alone without a hassle, like the grocery store, Target, doctor’s appointments and the hair salon. Your kids are old enough to stay home without a sitter or they can wait in the lobby. Sit. Stay. Come.
9. No one needs you every second of every day, all day. And when you go places, your people carry their own stuff. You can dress cute again and take a handbag rather than a mom-bag. You pretty much own your fabulousness.
10. You value your health but also don’t expect perfection. You exercise for well-being because booty shorts are not and should not be in your wheelhouse. Nothing beats a hot cup of coffee (or two). And you happily spend Saturdays with your kids because you have learned the days are long but the years are short.
written by Valli Vida Gideons on www.facebook.com/mybattlecall
This piece originally published here: https://www.facebook.com/MyBattleCall/photos/a.1586418478036683/2450485594963296/?type=3