I’m so not a morning person… sometimes when I don’t have any coaching calls scheduled, I’m not even an afternoon person. However, my only child has never been a dry-out-of-the-box-cereal eater so I happily drag my booty out of my bed to make him breakfast every morning.
And then heaven opened up and the angels blessed me with… Overnight Oats!
Once or twice a week, I prepare these babies before bedtime and let them work their magic. The next morning, my boy simply opens the fridge and is welcomed by a beautiful jar filled with nutritious deliciousness! I don’t even have to open my eyes!
This recipe is for my favorite Strawberry Cheesecake Overnight Oats. Find other flavors including chocolate peanut butter on my website!
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (heaping)
- 2/3 cup almond milk (or your milk of choice)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 3 tablespoons softened cream cheese Zest
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Pinch of salt
- Sliced strawberries and graham cracker crumbs for garnish
- Whisk together all ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl
- Spoon into a jar with a tight-fitting lid. (If making 2 smaller servings, divide between 2 small jars)
- Close jar and refrigerate for at least 4 hours (preferably overnight)
This post comes from the TODAY Parenting Team community, where all members are welcome to post and discuss parenting solutions. Learn more and join us! Because we're all in this together.