I’m so not a morning person… sometimes when I don’t have any coaching calls scheduled, I’m not even an afternoon person. However, my only child has never been a dry-out-of-the-box-cereal eater so I happily drag my booty out of my bed to make him breakfast every morning.
And then heaven opened up and the angels blessed me with… Overnight Oats!
Once or twice a week, I prepare these babies before bedtime and let them work their magic. The next morning, my boy simply opens the fridge and is welcomed by a beautiful jar filled with nutritious deliciousness! I don’t even have to open my eyes!
This recipe is for my favorite Strawberry Cheesecake Overnight Oats. Find other flavors including chocolate peanut butter on my website!
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (heaping)
- 2/3 cup almond milk (or your milk of choice)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 3 tablespoons softened cream cheese Zest
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Pinch of salt
- Sliced strawberries and graham cracker crumbs for garnish
- Whisk together all ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl
- Spoon into a jar with a tight-fitting lid. (If making 2 smaller servings, divide between 2 small jars)
- Close jar and refrigerate for at least 4 hours (preferably overnight)