Everyone likes to be slim and fit. Don’t you? Looking fit and slim is not only good from a health perspective but also helps you gain compliments from time to time from your friends and peers. And who does not like receiving compliments from the people they work with, especially the youths who are so particular about their look and appearance and are ready to do anything to achieve what they have in mind.
But you don’t need to do much for your look and body, inculcating a few habits can improve your look and help you stay healthy and fit. Being fit is good for health and it also develops confidence in you to present yourself to the people you work with, and no doubt confidence is a thing which is good for all of us.
Here are some advantages of being fit and healthy
- Good health and a fit body develops confidence and improves personality.
- It reduces the chances of falling ill and helps your body to fight against all types of infections.
- It increases the immunity power.
- You look fit and feel light.
- It reduces your visits to the doctor unless it is required.
- It saves your pocket from the medical expenses that quite often drill a hole in it.
- You feel light and energetic all through the day.
- You enjoy each and every moment of life.
- A healthy body has a healthy mind too.
- When you are not bogged down by your health, you are free to spend time with friends and family members.
Fitness in not all about doing exercise, it is a habit
When we talk about fitness, the things that come to our mind are gym, yoga and exercise but let me tell you it is not all about spending long hours in a gym or a training centre. Working out in a fitness centre or yoga class for several hours is not the only definition of being fit.
Fitness is simply a habit that you adopt and follow throughout your life. The habit can include anything that is good for your health - it could be the habit of walking whenever you get the chance or the habit of avoiding oily and junk food and only eating fresh and healthy food. It could also be the habit of laughing out loud with your peers, the habit of being happy and enjoying life to the fullest. Anything that improves our health, gives us happiness, reduces our stress, keeps us energetic and brings new ideas into our mind comes in the fitness category.
A few habits that you should adopt today to be fit and healthy
We have all heard the popular saying ‘An apple a day keeps the doctor away’, and yes, it's true. If we adopt a few habits and follow them strictly then probably we may never have to go to the doctor again. No matter what criticism you face if you think that your particular activity or habit brings you happiness and good health, then keep indulging in it without much thought.
Here are some of the healthy habits that we should follow
- Do exercise or yoga daily.
- Drink enough water (at least 2 to 4 litres in a day).
- Avoid eating junk and oily food.
- Include green vegetables and salad in your food.
- Start your day with light breakfast and juice.
- Avoid eating heavy food for supper.
- Eat for your stomach and not for your tongue (taste).
- Walk for at least 30 minutes in a day.
- Laugh aloud and share your worries with your friends.
- Spend time with family members and small children.
How to stay fit and healthy despite leading a busy life
There are many people who like to exercise or do yoga to maintain their body, but don't get time to go to a gym and fitness centre due to their extremely busy life at home as well as at the office.
In such a situation, when you don’t have the time to go to a gym or fitness centre, you can simply improve your eating habits as mentioned above and do light exercises at your work desk like stretching your hands, turning your head to left and right, taking short walks or runs.