Parents, you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.

Or just as likely, we’ve got questions and you’ve got answers.

Challenge: Parenting Resolutions

Preserving Memories

Vote up!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this article

"Click, Instagram, every day!"

Every time I pick up my phone to snap a picture, my son starts to sing. It has gotten to the point where I can hear him even when he is not home.

Am I really that bad?

I'm a blogger, therefore, I take pictures. I am a little (well, maybe, a lot) obsessed with social media. It's my job, I argue, but it is also my hobby.

7cf91b550ecad068df1372baa8dcbe8c71a16b80.jpg

It has gotten to the point that my kids check with me before eating, just in case I need to take a picture first.

It is time to stop the madness!

Even though I am physically present, am I really enjoying each and every moment I am posting to my feed?

I am not resolving to give up social media, but, I am going to step back a little. Not every moment needs to be uploaded and shared. Some of my best memories are stored in my mind...and my heart.

This past holiday season, I put my phone down more than I picked it up. I even forgot to take a picture of the Christmas ham, and I can still recall how delicious it was without photographic evidence.

My Instagram feed will still be filled with my favorite smiling faces (and some delicious recipes), but I resolve to spend more time relishing in the moment than trying to find the right angle to snap the perfect picture.

This post comes from the TODAY Parenting Team community, where all members are welcome to post and discuss parenting solutions. Learn more and join us! Because we're all in this together.