That’s right…this is your Cliff’s Notes version of Life with Babies for Dummies. Haha! Is that a real book? If so, I need it in my life. Since I know you are a busy, multi-tasking mom and don’t have much time for fluff, let’s get right down to business.
- Invest in one rocking, comfy pair of awesome shoes. These are shoes that make you feel trendy and fun while still allowing you to be a pack mule with baby bags, car seats, baby, and a constantly dropping paci.
- Always keep a set of workout clothes in your car. There have been countless times where I didn’t think I’d get to squeeze in a workout that day, but low and behold I had a few extra minutes between meetings, the babysitter could stay a little longer than she thought, or my co-workers have invited me to a lunch time workout. Be prepared, it’s amazing how much 20-30 minutes of exercise can do for you!
- Let your husband bottle feed. Even though I am still breast feeding, we started very early on having Eric feed the baby a bottle at night so that the baby would get used to a bottle and we knew how much he ingested so hopefully he’d stay fuller longer. This allows mom to get in some extra girl time or at the least get lost meandering through Target for a mental break.
- White noise is your friend. We have a noise machine, a white noise app on my phone, and my mom’s phone and find that it’s the best thing to help soothe baby. No matter where we go, it signifies it’s time to relax and enjoy his nap.
- Remember that every day will be different, and don't put pressure on yourself to figure it all out and get on a normal schedule! You will figure out your new norm, but give yourself grace and just love that baby!
Find more doable mom life hacks at https://www.mylifewellloved.co...