Parents, you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.

Or just as likely, we’ve got questions and you’ve got answers.

Challenge: Parenting Resolutions

My parenting mantra for 2020 (and beyond) is two simple words: just love

Vote up!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this article

ca3698201143539668bf7dc83ee7a475fbf6e723.jpg

My parenting mantra for 2020 (and beyond) is easy to remember because it’s two simple words:

Just love.

That’s it.

This simple reminder is something easy to follow through on because loving our kids is the most natural thing we do.

Unfortunately, what’s also natural for us as parents is to complicate our role by second-guessing, over-analyzing, worrying, doubting, and feeling guilty about every other decision we make or behavior we display.

We spend so much time criticizing ourselves for our flaws, mistakes, and failures, that we forget we are doing the most important thing of all which is loving our kids. And we are doing this day in and day out, from dawn until dusk.

The truth is, most of us have no idea what we’re doing. My kids are in their 20s and I’m still figuring things out and learning new and better ways to handle being a mom of adult kids.

But one thing I’ve learned for sure is loving on our kids is always enough in any situation.

We may not always have the right solution, we may not always keep our %&@# together, we may not always know how to respond.

But one thing we can do no matter what is just love.

Love has a way of mending wounds.

Love has a way of smoothing down the rough edges.

Love has a way of calming fear.

Love has a way of gently guiding.

Love has a way of filling in the gaps.

Love has a way of easing anguish.

Love has a way of turning the tide.

So, when we fall into moments of confusion, exasperation, worry, or a million other unsettling situations, we just need to remember our greatest superpower.

Just love.

That’s it.

xo

How's your mom heart doing? Click here for 3 FREE chapters of How Are You Feeling, Momma? (You don't need to say, "I'm fine.")

This post comes from the TODAY Parenting Team community, where all members are welcome to post and discuss parenting solutions. Learn more and join us! Because we're all in this together.