Parents, you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.

Or just as likely, we’ve got questions and you’ve got answers.

Challenge: What Do Fathers Do Best?

Life is good.

Vote up!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this article

535afe404a818e4417930751f7647762be3bb807.jpg

Originally, I had visited the Today show website for some childten's recipes my mother was telling me about (specifically, ways to "sneak" in those veggies). But then I saw the link "What Do Fathers Do Best". And I wanted to tell you about Brian. Brian and I have an 18 month old daughter named Winnie. I'm a new mom. I'm obsessed with routine. And I worry a lot- mostly about if I'm doing everything right. Brian laughs a lot (especially when he's nervous). He laughs and he takes time to appreciate the every day little things, that sometimes I forget to- in the midst of all my worry. He taught our daughter to smell flowers. She stops now every time she sees one. He takes her for a run every morning. I swear, it's the highlight of her day. In the evening, Brian comes home from work, we hop on our bikes, and head down to the beach for sunset- A routine that sometimes I am too tired to follow through with, but he reminds me that it's important. I always feel so good afterwards.....and Winnie is always so happy. Brian helps me take life less seriously. He reminds me that sometimes a good sunset is more important than a clean kitchen. And that we should all stop and smell the flowers.

This post comes from the TODAY Parenting Team community, where all members are welcome to post and discuss parenting solutions. Learn more and join us! Because we're all in this together.