Parents, you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.

Or just as likely, we’ve got questions and you’ve got answers.

Challenge: Bringing Home Baby: What Do You Wish You’d Known?

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff

Vote up!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this article

I was the new Mom that tried to juggle multiple things at once and I finally came to realize that washing that last dish, sending a final email to a client or not nursing after 6 months, was OK. The world was not going to end if I didn't get all of the things done that needed to get done, at that very moment. I realized that everything didn't need to be perfect and as soon as I realized it, the job of new Mom didn't feel so overwhelming. I wish that someone had been able to get across to me that the only thing that was important my sanity and the safety of my newborn. So, if I was happy, then all was good in the universe. Once I had my 2nd child, things definitely got more hectic and I am happy that someone suggested special one on one time with each of my kids, because they definitely appreciated it, then and now as a 4 and 6 year old. Having kids is wonderful and crazy and learning how to not sweat the small stuff is really important for parents. ​

This post comes from the TODAY Parenting Team community, where all members are welcome to post and discuss parenting solutions. Learn more and join us! Because we're all in this together.