Parents, you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.

Or just as likely, we’ve got questions and you’ve got answers.

Challenge: Halloween Parade

2 dad with twins via surrogacy "2017 Halloween Photo"

Vote up!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this article

Hello, a little bit about us,

Our family isn’t traditional; we are more of ”the new normal”. Two fathers Paul Sandmann & Manny Lopez. Adelaide and & Augustus came into our world via surrogacy and are the joy of our lives.

Every year we made our halloween costumes and the inspiration this year was one of my favorite movies of all times, "The Fifth Element", which is celebrating its 20th year anniversary. Leeloo, the heroin of the movie, is played by Adelaide the girl of our house.

We made pretty much everything with the exception of Paul's costume (right) which we pieced together from purchased components, we also took the pictures and edited them. This was a very ambitious project since I didn't have a clue how to make the costumes and have limited sewing experience. I believe I did a pretty good job especially on the Diva Plavalaguna costume wore by Manny (left) which required a number of revisions. We hope you enjoy it as much as we do. The kids were even happy taking pictures this year and believe it or not, they actually were collaborating. We love sharing our picture to the world.

Our Instagram acct is @paulmannplus2

Regards,

Manny Lopez

de33724d3df2597f3920c2f760286969913bb418.jpg

This post comes from the TODAY Parenting Team community, where all members are welcome to post and discuss parenting solutions. Learn more and join us! Because we're all in this together.