We just welcomed in a new year. It's a perfect time to reflect on 2015 and look ahead to 2016.
- What went well in 2015?
- What challenged you in 2015?
- What obstacle(s) did you overcome?
- What are you still working on?
- What new goals are you setting for 2016?
Is one of your goals to be happier?
There are many ways to go about increasing your happiness. Here are 14 straight-forward strategies that can increase your happiness. Consider adding some of these behaviors to your 2016 goals.
- Smile as much as possible
- Nurture your body, mind, and spirit
- Laugh often
- Savor good memories
- Build deep connections
- Practice gratitude
- Know that you'll make mistakes, but they don't define you
- Stay in the moment and enjoy today
- Let go of comparisons
- Have an attitude of abundance
- Remember you are inherently worthy
- Accept constructive feedback and don't take the rest personally
- Take chances
- Always be kind
Some of these are pretty simple and others are really tough. Always remember our goal is "progress not perfection". Making small changes works. You don't have to do all of these or do them perfectly every day. Do your best. That's all we can ask of ourselves.
Wishing you a much happiness in 2016!
Don't forget to sign-up for my free e-newsletter (generally once a month). During January it comes with a copy of my New Year's Review and Goal Setting worksheet. Please sign-up here.
This post comes from the TODAY Parenting Team community, where all members are welcome to post and discuss parenting solutions. Learn more and join us! Because we're all in this together.