This zucchini lasagna combines 2 classic comfort foods, pizza and lasagna, into one healthy and kid friendly dinner! They'll never know it's secretly gluten free, low carb and packed with veggies!
Zucchini Makes Great Lasagna Noodles! Turkey Zucchini Pizza Lasagna!
- Yield: 8
- Prep Time: 40 min
- Cooking Time: 1 min
- For the zoodles:
- 3 Large zucchinis
- 1 Tbsp salt
- For the lasagna:
- 1 lb Ground 99% fat-free Turkey
- 1 Cup Onion, diced (1 small onion)
- 2 Tbsps Olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ½ Tbsps Fresh garlic, diced
- 1 14 oz Jar of pizza sauce
- 1 15 oz Container of light or fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 Large egg
- 8 oz Light Mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 Tbsps Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 2 Cups Turkey Pepperoni slices
- ½ A Large green pepper, chopped
- ¼ Cup slivered olives
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a mandolin, slice the zucchini into thin slices, about ⅛ inch thick, and lay them out flat onto a cookie sheet and sprinkle with 1 Tbsp salt.
- Bake them for 10-15 minutes, until just lightly beginning to brown, to get all the moisture out. Set aside.
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium/high heat. Add in the ground turkey, diced onion, diced garlic, 1 tsp of salt, and a pinch of pepper. Cook until the onion is soft and the turkey is browned.
- While the turkey cooks, beat together the ricotta cheese, egg and another pinch of pepper. Set aside.
- Once the turkey is done, it's time to assemble the lasagna!
- Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Start by pouring half the jar of pizza sauce on the bottom, followed by half the turkey, then layer half the zucchini noodles, half the ricotta mixture, half the pepperoni slices,and finish with half the grated mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat the layers once more, except add the chopped pepper and olives on top of the last layer of mozzarella. Sprinkle with 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese.
- Turn the oven up to 375 and cover the lasagna with tin foil.
- Bake, covered, for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake another 10 minutes.
- Turn the broiler up to HIGH and broil for 2-3 minutes more, until the top is golden brown and bubbly!
This can be made a day ahead, covered, and left in the fridge. It also makes great leftovers! The leftovers keep very well in the freezer.
Source: Zucchini Lasagna Pizza Style on Food Faith Fitness
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!