An easy to make omelet that is loaded with vegetables and will get you ready to take on the day.
- Servings: 1 omelet
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter (regular butter if you don't have vegan butter)
- 2 eggs (use one whole egg and only the egg whites of the second egg)
- ¼ cup buna-shimeji mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- 1 tablespoon shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon diced green peppers
- 1 tablespoon diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon diced onions
- ½ cup baby greens stems removed
- ½ teaspoon spike seasoning or any other no salt seasoning
- ¼ cup non-dairy shredded mozzarella cheese
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter into a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Place mushrooms, carrots, peppers, tomatoes and onions in the skillet and cook for 5 minutes or until they are almost tender.
- While the vegetables are cooking, beat one entire egg and the egg white of the second egg together.
- Add seasoning and milk to the eggs and continue to beat until well beaten.
- Add the baby greens and cook until wilted.
- Slowly pour the beaten eggs into the skillet and tilt the pan to spread the egg mixture evenly. Let the eggs cook and firm up a little. Using a spatula, gently move the eggs away from the sides and into the middle of the skillet. Allow the remaining liquid to flow into the open space left at the sides of the skillet.
- While the middle is still a little runny, sprinkle the cheese in the center of the egg.
- Continue to cook for another minute until the egg begins to hold together and the cheese is melting.
- Fold the omelet by taking the spatula and lifting one side of the cooked egg from the pan and gently guide that end over to the other side so that it covers it and forms a half moon shape.
- Remove from skillet and serve.
Read the full blog post here.