A delicious Australian breakfast classic. Enjoy toast dippers with a little bit of Vegemite dipped in a soft creamy boiled egg.
Vegemite Soldiers with Soft Boiled EggsCooking Time: 5 min
- 1 piece of bread toasted
- ¼ teaspoon of Vegemite
- 1 egg
- Boil water in a saucepan, once you have a rolling boil out your egg in for 6 minutes
- Toast your bread, top with butter and a small amount of vegemite
- Cut your toast in half then cut again into 6-8 rectangles
- When your egg is ready, put it into an egg cup. Knock the first inch off the egg.
- Use the toast to dip into the egg. Enjoy!
This is one of the Australian classics! Every kids would have had Vegemite soldiers for breakfast and most likely still do. Make sure you only use a small amount of Vegemite and be careful knocking that top off!