This super simple Vegan Sweet Potato Black Bean Pumpkin Chili comes together with pantry staples in just 4 hours in the crock pot. Hearty and filling with 8 grams of fiber, 7 grams of plant protein, and 37 grams of complex carbohydrates. Add your favorite toppings!
Vegan Sweet Potato Black Bean Pumpkin Chili
- Servings: 1 medium bowl
- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cooking Time: 4 hr
- 4 cups sweet potato, cut about 1" cubes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ½ TBS minced garlic
- 14 oz canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 14 oz can pumpkin puree
- 14 oz can crushed tomatoes, not drained
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 2 TBS chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ⅛ tsp cinnamon
- Prepare and cut sweet potato and onion. Add into crock pot, then add your garlic, rinsed black beans, pumpkin, crushed tomatoes (including juice), and vegetable stock.
- Then add in all of your seasonings, with salt to taste (add more salt if you prefer) and stir until ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Cook on high for 4 hours, or low for 6-8 hours.
- Recipe serves about 8 small-medium bowls, or 6 large bowls.
Top with avocado, cilantro, chips, cheese and/or sour cream (if not vegan).