These are super simple to make and the ingredients are easy to find. Everyone is familiar with each component, but no one has had them all in one combo like this! At Rockit Bar & Grill, everyone orders one for the table to split, like a brunchy dessert. They're perfect for family sharing at home, impressive to make for friends or that special someone in the morning.
Technique tip: Wait until bubbles form on the surface of the pancakes before you flip them.
Swap option: Use your favorite kind of berry. You can also make these gluten-free by swapping the all-purpose flour for chickpea or coconut flour.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1½ cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 ounce lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 2 pints fresh blueberries
- Butter, for serving
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
1. In a medium bowl add the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Whisk to combine.
2. In a separate bowl, add the milk, vanilla, eggs and lemon zest. Whisk to combine.
3. Creating a small well in the center of the dry ingredients and pouring the wet in. Stir, slowly incorporating the dry ingredients from the edges into the wet, until just combined. Do not over mix the batter. Then, fold the butter and ricotta cheese into the batter.
4. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
5. Ladle the pancake batter into pan. Sprinkle blueberries onto the pancakes and allow to cook until bubbles start to form on the surface. Flip continue to cook until golden brown on both sides. Remove from the pan and stack onto a large plate. Repeat with remaining batter.
6. Dust the stacked pancakes with powdered sugar, top with a pat of butter and serve.
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!