This fresh take on tacos blends your favorite Greek food flavors in a family friendly and easy to make dinner.
- Yield: 3-4
- 1 ½ pounds lamb shoulder chops
- ½ cup beef stock
- 1 cup diced Roma tomatoes
- 1 cup peeled, diced cucumber
- ½ cup crumbled feta
- ¼ cup chopped Kalamata olives
- ½ cup plain, Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 10 yellow soft corn tortillas (~6 inch diameter)
- Place the lamb and beef stock in a 4 quart slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours.
- While the lamb is cooking, prepare the tzatziki salad. Place the tomatoes, cucumbers, feta, and olives in a large bowl. Add the yogurt, dill, garlic, and lemon juice and stir to coat and mix well. Refrigerate until ready to serve the tacos.
- After the required cooking time, remove the lamb from the slow cooker. Then, remove the bones and fat from the lamb and shred the remaining meat; set the meat aside and keep warm.
- Lightly toast the corn tortillas on both sides in a non-stick skillet. To serve, evenly divide the lamb between the tortillas, and top with the tzatziki salad. Serve immediately.
Find a discussion of Tzatziki Tacos on ExperimentalEpicurean.com.