A classic recipe dressed up for special occasions, humble potatoes are bathed in a truffle studded cheese sauce and baked until tender. Truffled Potato Gratin are very simple to make and are a stellar addition to any dinner.
Truffled Potato Gratin
- Yield: 8-10 servings
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cooking Time: 1 hr 30 min
- 3 ounces D'artagnan Black Truffle Butter
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 2 cups shredded havarti cheese
- 5 cups thinly sliced yukon gold potatoes
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large saucepan, melt the truffle butter over low heat. Whisk in the cornstarch, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add the milk and bring to a boil. Cook the sauce stirring constantly until thickened, approximately 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in 1 ½ cups of the cheese until melted. Stir in the potatoes.
- Transfer to a 2 quart baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 30-45 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and the sauce is golden brown and bubbling. Remove from the oven and allow to stand 5-10 minutes before serving.
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!