This salad and dressing is loaded with fresh blueberries that are in season during the spring. This salad will leave you satisfied and it's great to have for lunch or dinner.
Triple B (Blueberries, Beans and Bulgur Wheat) Salad with Blueberry Pomegranate Dressing
- Yield: 2 servings
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cooking Time: 20 min
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup pomegranate red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 package baby spinach
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 can low sodium red kidney beans drained and rinsed or 1 cup dried red kidney beans cooked
- 1 cup bulgur wheat cooked
- 1 cup strawberries sliced
- ¼ cup pecans chopped
- 2 tablespoons crispy onions
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- For the dressing, add all of the ingredients into a blender.
- Blend until all of the ingredients are mixed
- Set aside.
- For the salad, cook bulgur wheat and beans (if using dried beans) as per the package instructions ahead of time.
- Wash spinach leaves and place on a plate.
- Add the blueberries, red kidney beans, cooked bulgur and sliced strawberries on top of the spinach.
- Top with crispy onions, sunflower seeds and chopped pecans.
- Drizzle the blueberry pomegranate dressing over the entire salad.
Read the original post here.