Its a Mexican Lasagna! So easy to make and so delicious you'll want to change Taco Tuesdays to Tortilla Azteca Tuesday's!
- Servings: 12
- Yield: 12
- Prep Time: 45 min
- Cooking Time: 45 min
- 18 Corn Tortillas
- 2 Rotisserie Chickens (meat shredded)
- Red or green salsa (home made recipe below)
- 2-3 cups of Corn Kernels
- 4-6 cups of Mexican Blend Shredded Cheese
- For Red Salsa
- 4 beefsteak tomatoes cut in quarters
- ½ white onion cut in half
- 2 jalapeños
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- Warm Tortillas on a flat griddle and lay on a rectangular 12x8 glass dish
- Arrange the shredded chicken on top of the tortillas and sprinkle some corn kernels.
- Next add salsa until all parts are covered.
- Last comes the cheese and cover all.
- Repeat above until you have three layers, the last layer with cheese on top.
- Cover with tin foil and bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes until center is hot and salsa is bubbling in the corners.
- UNcover for 10 minutes on broil.
- Y listo! A comer...
- RED SALSA
- Sear the tomatoes and onion in a pan for about 10 minutes, no oil until a bit blackened.
- Add some water, about 1 cup and cover and cook until soft.
- Add some salt and 2 tbsp of olive oil and purée.