Skip the canned soup and noodles in your old, traditional goulash and warm up with this healthy version, made with eggplant, ground beef, diced tomatoes, coconut milk, and fresh basil!
Tomato Basil Beef Goulash
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cooking Time: 15 min
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 diced shallots
- 4 diced garlic cloves
- 1 pound ground beef
- 14 ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ¾ cup coconut cream (the thick stuff at the top of the can)
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the shallots and garlic. Sauté for a few minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the ground beef and cook to brown.
- In a separate saucepan, heat the other tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat and add the diced eggplant. Cook until soft, around 5 minutes.
- Once the beef is browned, drain any excess grease add the diced tomatoes (with juice), basil, and salt.
- Stir to combine then add the coconut cream, tomato paste, and eggplant.
- Serve immediately and garnish with more fresh basil.