Feeding a crowd over the holidays? This breakfast casserole is perfect for you! It is super easy, affordable and the BEST EVER!
The Ultimate Breakfast Casserole
- 6 English Muffins, halved and cut into cubes
- 16 oz roll of Breakfast Sausage, original or spicy
- 12 large eggs
- 2 cups Colby Jack cheese
- ½ cup red or green pepper, diced
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 2 cups milk
- Salt, to taste
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground mustard
- Optional: parsley to top
- Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle in English muffins and drizzle with melted butter. Set aside.
- In a pan, brown sausage. Drain grease.
- Sprinkle sausage over English muffins in pan. Add peppers and onion. Sprinkle with cheese.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, ground mustard, salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over casserole. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, preheat oven to 350º.
- Bake until golden brown, 45-50 minutes. A knife should come out clean from center.
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!