This pineapple bowl incorporates a few big trends of 2016, the first being "A Bowl" or having all of your entree in one meal and the second being "Root To Tip" and not wasting anything. This dish incorporates that with the pineapple being used in various ways, without waste. I love fun ways to use everything, this pineapple bowl is a trendy idea to use more of this fruit that is normally just thrown away. I'm one that also uses ALL leftovers, and when I say ALL....I mean ALL. Check out my 2 bite tip on leftovers. Here is my Teriyaki Pineapple Chicken with Asparagus over a Carrot Ginger Dressing in a Pineapple Bowl. I'm so ready for warmer weather and this Savoring Spring Bowl reminds me that summer is right around the corner!
Teriyaki Pineapple Chicken with Asparagus in a Pineapple Bowl
- Servings: 2 cups
- Yield: 2 servings
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cooking Time: 10 min
- 1 ripe pineapple, cut in half length wise
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken thighs seasoned with salt and pepper
- ¼ cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 asparagus spears, cut into 3 inch pieces
- ½ cup shredded carrots seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 ½ tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes
- Scoop out the pineapple from each half. Set the core aside to use for something else (smoothie or add to chicken broth are just a few ideas) and cut the edible pineapple into chunks.
- Cook the chicken thighs in a skillet over medium high heat. Add the teriyaki, minced garlic and pineapple chunks, cook for 3-4 minutes and then flip. Add the asparagus spears, cover and cook for a few more minutes or until the chicken is done.
- While the chicken is cooking, add the carrots, vinegar, garlic, oil, ginger, lemon juice and soy sauce to a food processor. Pulse to combine. Add the dressing to the mixed salad greens and lightly toss together.
- Equally divide the salad mixture into each pineapple bowl. Top with the chicken thigh mixture and serve.
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!