These sweet potato fries are not your ordinary french fry dish... They're baked, and topped with a crazy but DELICIOUS combination of walnuts, brown sugar, and sweet chili sauce! It sounds a little strange, but trust me on this one!
Sweet Potato Fries with Walnuts, Brown Sugar, & Sweet Chili Sauce
- Yield: 4-6
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cooking Time: 25 hr
- 4- 6 medium sweet potatoes, uniform
- 2 TBS olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp garlic powder (optional)
- ⅛ tsp paprika (optional)
- chopped walnuts, about ¼ cup
- brown sugar, about 3-4 TBS
- sweet chili sauce, about 2-3 TBS
- Preheat oven to 425F and line a large baking sheet with (high oven temp safe) parchment paper, or a silicone mat.
- Peel potatoes. Using a large sharp knife, first cut potatoes lengthwise. Then with the flat side of the potato down, cut into strips, about ¼ wide. Then cut those pieces once more if size allows. The more uniform your fries are, the more even they will bake.
- Place fries in a large bowl or plastic storage bag, coat with olive oil and spices, and mix well. (I used a plastic bag and shook fries to get them evenly coated.)
- Spread the fries on prepared baking sheet, in one single even layer.
- Bake fries on one side for 12-15 minutes, then flip the fries and bake for another 10-12 minutes, until fries are lightly golden.
- Once fries have cooled, about 5 minutes, layer on walnuts, brown sugar, and drizzle with sweet chili sauce. Serve warm and enjoy!
If serving a large crowd, I'd suggest doubling up on the potatoes and adjust toppings to your liking!