This homemade sweet potato casserole is so delicious and simple to make. Decorate the top with maple cinnamon pecans in this lovely circular pattern.
Sweet Potato Casserole
- Servings: 1 scoop
- Yield: 8-10
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cooking Time: 1 hr
- 6 sweet potatoes (3 lbs), peeled and chopped
- ½ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Place chopped sweet potatoes in a large saucepan, cover with water. Bring to a boil, then simmer on medium low until tender (about 20-30 minutes). Drain and let cool.
- Place cooled sweet potatoes in a large bowl. With electric mixer, beat potatoes until smooth (about a minute). Add sugar, cream, eggs, butter, cinnamon and salt. Beat on medium speed until everything is combined.
- Pour into a 9" round casserole or pie plate. Smooth the top.
- Meanwhile, place syrup in a small microwave safe bowl. Microwave on medium for about 20 seconds. Stir in cinnamon, then add pecans and stir to coat with syrup mixture. Place pecans on top of sweet potato mixture in a decorative pattern.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until slightly bubbling around edges. Let cool slightly, and serve.
- Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
This lovely and delicious Sweet Potato Casserole would be perfect for the holidays but it would also be fun to make for an Fall family meal or dinner party!
It's a great side dish for chicken or turkey. Totally cozy, comfort food for the cooler months. And you can get creative with the pecan design on top. Your family and/or guests will be so impressed!
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!