Sweet Potato and Chicken Sausage Breakfast Skillet – everything you love about breakfast all in one pan! With lots of beautiful, good-for-you ingredients like shredded sweet potatoes, brightly colored peppers, cheddar cheese, spicy chicken sausage, apple cider vinegar, chopped parsley and cage-free eggs… a well-balanced, tasty meal for any time of day!
Sweet Potato and Chicken Sausage Breakfast Skillet
- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cooking Time: 24 min
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 peppers, diced (I prefer red and yellow for color)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅔ pounds spicy chicken sausage
- 4 cups shredded sweet potatoes (about 2 medium-sized potatoes)
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Heat oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and sauté for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic, peppers, and salt and pepper and sauté 3 more minutes.
- Add chicken sausage and cook 5 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Add shredded sweet potatoes and sauté, stirring often, for 5 minutes until they’re softened.
- Stir in parsley, cheddar cheese, and apple cider vinegar.
- Make 6 shallow impressions spaced evenly around the skillet, then crack an egg into each spot (you may want to crack each egg into a small bowl first to make sure the yolk stays intact, then pour it into place in the skillet).
- Bake for 7-8 minutes, or until eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Sprinkle eggs with salt and pepper, and garnish the entire skillet with more chopped parsley.