Parents, you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.

Or just as likely, we’ve got questions and you’ve got answers.

Challenge: Reinventing Breakfast

Superfood Toast

Vote up!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this article

Breakfast is definitely my favorite meal, not including dessert obviously, but sometimes I even get tired of eating the same breakfast over and over. I’m not sure why, but breakfast is definitely one of those meals that tends to repeat itself. As much as I love avocado toast, can I admit that I’m getting sick of the traditional recipe? I pumped up the protein, and added what the food world is calling superfoods, to give you a power breakfast that will keep you energized all morning long. It’s a simple, yet delicious breakfast that can be put together quickly before work, but packs much more of a powerful punch than that plain and boring avocado toast.

Superfood Toast

• Yield: 2 servings

Ingredients

• 2 eggs, soft boiled
  • ½ an avocado
  • 2 tsp tahini
  • 2 tsp pumpkin seeds
  • 2 tsp chia seeds
  • 2 tbs kale pesto
  • 2 slices wheat bread
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Ingredients for pesto:
  • 1 cup fresh kale leaves
  • 1 tsp pumpkin seeds
  • 2 tsp parmesan cheese, grated
  • 1 garlic clove
  • 1 tbs lemon juice
  • 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil

Preparation

1. Toast bread, then mash avocado on both slices of bread. Top with boiled egg.
  2. Place the pesto ingredients into the blender, and pulse until desired consistency.
  3. Drizzle toasts with tahini, kale pesto and garnish with pumpkin and chia seeds.

Recipe Tags

This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!