This super hash is a great way to start your day! But it's not just for breakfast or brunch--it's hearty enough for lunch or dinner, too! And it's loaded with superfoods dense in nutrition! Perfection on a plate!
Superfood Hash with Quinoa, Kale, Sweet Potatoes & Avocado
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeds and ribs removed and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 5 oz chopped kale leaves (about ½ 10 oz bag cleaned and chopped kale)
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon dried red chile flakes (optional)
- 1 cup cooked white quinoa (from ¼ cup dry, uncooked)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 large Hass Avocado, peeled, seed removed and sliced
- Add the potatoes to a large pot of salted boiling water and simmer until tender. Drain and dry completely with paper towels.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and saute in the hot oil until the vegetables are soft, about 6-8 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for one more minute.
- Add the cooked sweet potatoes, kale, vinegar and chile flakes (if using) and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the quinoa and stir to combine. Gently press the hash down in the skillet with a spatula and make four egg-sized wells in the hash with the back of a spoon.
- Crack the eggs into the wells, season with salt and pepper and cover. Cook until whites are set but yolks are still runny, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and top hash with sliced avocados. Serve immediately.
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!