This delicious salad is full of flavor with mixed greens, veggies, fruits, and nuts with a home made preserved lemon vinaigrette!
Super foods salad
- Servings: 10-12
- Prep Time: 30 min
- 12oz baby spinach
- 12oz mixed greens
- 2 bulbs of fennel, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 English cucumber, sliced
- 2 ripe avocados, diced
- 3-4 mandarin oranges, peeled and segmented
- 2 green apples, sliced
- 1 pint of blueberries
- 1 pint of strawberries, attends removed and halved
- 4oz pomegranate seeds
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 4oz sliced almonds or walnuts or pecans
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro or parsley, rough chopped
- Optional: 6oz crumpled blue or feta or goat cheese
- Dressing: 4oz Olive oil
- 4oz vinegar - apple cider or white balsamic or white wine vinegar.
- 1 tbsp preserved lemons, minced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare salad dressing by putting all ingredients into mason jar and shake. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, put in all the greens, fennel, and onion. Toss with ⅓ of the salad dressing.
- In a separate bowl, put in tomatoes, cucumbers, oranges, apples, and dried cranberries. Toss with ⅓ of the dressing
- On a large rectangular platter, place the mixed greens mixture.
- Next put the fruit and veggie mixture on top of greens
- Now top with blueberries, avocados, pomegranate seeds, and nuts.
- Sprinkle on the fresh cilantro or parsley
- Top it off with remaining dressing!
This salad is so beautiful, healthy, and versatile and makes a beautiful centerpiece on your table! It is delicious on its own, as a side, or easily made into a meal just by adding grilled shrimp, chicken, salmon, steak- the possibilities are endless! This is my go to dish for entertaining- it holds up so well sitting out which allows me to enjoy my company!