This delicious salad is full of flavor with mixed greens, veggies, fruits, and nuts with a home made preserved lemon vinaigrette!
Super foods salad
- Servings: 10-12
- Prep Time: 30 min
- 12oz baby spinach
- 12oz mixed greens
- 2 bulbs of fennel, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 English cucumber, sliced
- 2 ripe avocados, diced
- 3-4 mandarin oranges, peeled and segmented
- 2 green apples, sliced
- 1 pint of blueberries
- 1 pint of strawberries, attends removed and halved
- 4oz pomegranate seeds
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 4oz sliced almonds or walnuts or pecans
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro or parsley, rough chopped
- Optional: 6oz crumpled blue or feta or goat cheese
- Dressing: 4oz Olive oil
- 4oz vinegar - apple cider or white balsamic or white wine vinegar.
- 1 tbsp preserved lemons, minced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare salad dressing by putting all ingredients into mason jar and shake. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, put in all the greens, fennel, and onion. Toss with ⅓ of the salad dressing.
- In a separate bowl, put in tomatoes, cucumbers, oranges, apples, and dried cranberries. Toss with ⅓ of the dressing
- On a large rectangular platter, place the mixed greens mixture.
- Next put the fruit and veggie mixture on top of greens
- Now top with blueberries, avocados, pomegranate seeds, and nuts.
- Sprinkle on the fresh cilantro or parsley
- Top it off with remaining dressing!
This salad is so beautiful, healthy, and versatile and makes a beautiful centerpiece on your table! It is delicious on its own, as a side, or easily made into a meal just by adding grilled shrimp, chicken, salmon, steak- the possibilities are endless! This is my go to dish for entertaining- it holds up so well sitting out which allows me to enjoy my company!
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!