Back in 2010, I wrote about a lemon pie recipe that has since been the most downloaded recipe on my website. It's called the Arizona Sunshine Lemon Pie and no wonder it's so popular. It is absolutely delectable and ridiculously simple to make. You throw five ingredients (including an entire lemon, peel and all) into a blender, pour it into a pie shell and 40 minutes later you have citrus magic. It's going to be your new favorite "go-to" dessert!
Sunshine Lemon Pie
- 1 large lemon
- 4 large eggs
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) melted butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 unbaked piecrust
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut lemon in small chunks leaving rind on.
- Remove seeds.
- In a blender or food processor, blend together lemon chunks, eggs, butter, vanilla and sugar until mixture is smooth and creamy. (It should be fairly runny.)
- Pour into unbaked piecrust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes.
- If crust becomes too brown, cover gently with foil and finish baking.
- Serve with a dollop of fresh whipped cream.
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!