A riff on the traditional Korean hotteok (fried stuffed pancake), I use strawberries and goat cheese instead of nuts and brown sugar as the filling!
Strawberry Stuffed Pancake
- Servings: 1 pancake
- Yield: 8 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sweet rice flour
- 2 tablespoons white granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-½ cup warm water (115-120 degrees is ideal)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- More oil for frying
- 6 ounces Florida Strawberries, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar reduction (pre-made is so convenient)
- 6 ounces goat cheese log, cut into 8 discs
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flours, sugar, salt. Stir together the yeast and warm water and add into the large mixing bowl. With a rubber spatula, mix until a dough forms.
- Loosely cover the dough with plastic wrap and let it rise at room temperature for about 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, mix together the strawberries and balsamic vinegar. Set aside.
- Roll the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide the dough into 8 equal parts.Take one portion and gently flatten it to about a 4-inch diameter circle. Place one disc of goat cheese in the center and add 2 tablespoons of the strawberry mixture. Pull the edges of the dough to the center and pinch to secure. Make sure there are no holes. Repeat for the remaining portions.
- Heat a few tablespoons of oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Please the the stuffed dough into the skillet. With a sturdy spatula, gently press down on the dough until it is roughly 4 inches in diameter. Let cook for about 3 minutes or until a light golden brown. Carefully flip over and let cook for another 3 minutes until golden brown. Gently flatten as it cooks and add oil if needed. Repeat until all are cooked.
- Serve hot! Serve with more balsamic vinegar reduction!
Originally posted as Strawberry Hotteok on the kimchi MOM website.
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!