This spin on my favorite summer treat (a big bowl of fresh strawberries and pineapple) is to die for. A tray of these cake balls would be the perfect item to bring to a spring or summer potluck or for sticking in the freezer and sneaking whenever you get a sweet tooth. It doesn’t hurt that they’re pretty too!
Strawberry Pineapple White Chocolate Cake Balls
- Yield: 32 cake balls
- Prep Time: 1 hr 30 min
- 16 oz. Baker's Premium White Chocolate Baking Chocolate
- 8 oz. can Crushed Pineapple, drained
- 16 oz. jar Cream Cheese Frosting
- 15 oz. Strawberry Cake Mix (may need eggs and oil to prepare)
- Assorted sprinkles to decorate
- Cook your boxed cake according to the instructions on the packaging. Let cool completely.
- Combine your crushed pineapple and icing with a mixer in a large bowl.
- Crumble your cake into the icing and mix well.
- Set cake mixture in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to firm a bit.
- Line pan with wax paper and roll cake mixture into balls. Freeze for at least one hour.
- Melt white chocolate according to the packaging.
- Using a toothpick or other method, dip each cake ball one at a time completely into the melted chocolate. Set back on wax paper. Decorate immediately.
- Freeze for at least 30 minutes before serving. Enjoy immensely.
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!