Light, delicate crepes are layered with a simply strawberry-mascarpone cream to create the easiest and most perfect spring cake. This Strawberry Cream Crepe Cake will be a favorite for the warmer months ahead. And no baking required.
Strawberry Cream Crepe Cake
- Servings: 1 slice
- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep Time: 4 hr 40 min
- 24 crepes
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1 ½ cups chopped strawberries
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 ½ tablespoons turbinado sugar
- Blend the cheese and strawberries together in a blender or food processor until smooth. Transfer the mixture to a bowl. Using a hand mixer, add the heavy cream and confectioners' sugar. Beat the mixture until light and fluffy.
- Assemble the cake by placing one crepe on a flat surface such as a platter or cake stand. Spread 1 heaping tablespoon of cream in a thin layer over the crepe. Top the cream with another crepe being sure there are no wrinkles and the crepe lays flat. Repeat with the remaining cream and crepes. Lightly cover with plastic wrap and transfer to the refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove the plastic wrap and sprinkle the top of the cake with the turbinado sugar. Using a kitchen torch, melt the sugar to create the crispy top. Decorate with whipped cream and strawberries.
For more recipes, visit The Suburban Soapbox!