Cauliflower Rice makes an amazing substitute for white rice in this healthy, quick stir-fry dinner. Stir-Fried Beef, Peppers and Snow Peas are cooked in minutes and in one skillet, a great meal for busy nights.
Stir-Fried Beef Peppers and Snow Peas with Cauliflower Rice
- Servings: 1 cup
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cooking Time: 20 min
- ½ head cauliflower, quartered
- 1 ½ lbs skirt steak, cut across the grain into ½ inch strips
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ½ red bell pepper, cut into ½ inch strips
- ½ yellow bell pepper, cut into ½ inch strips
- ½ vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups snow peas, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- In a food processor, add the cauliflower and pulse until finely ground, approximately 2-3 minutes. Transfer the rice to a preheated skillet with 1 tablespoon olive oil and cook until it starts to lightly brown stirring occasionally. Turn off the heat, cover and keep warm. Toss the beef with the cornstarch and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the garlic, ginger, sesame oil, fish sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, hoisin and chili paste. Set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat 1 tablespoon oil over high heat. Add the onions and cook until they begin to brown. Add the peppers and snow peas. Cook for 2 minutes. Push the veggies to the sides of the pan and add the beef to the center. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until cooked through. Add the sauce and stir until thickened.
- Serve the stir-fry over the rice and top with sesame seeds if desired.
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!