Cauliflower Rice makes an amazing substitute for white rice in this healthy, quick stir-fry dinner. Stir-Fried Beef, Peppers and Snow Peas are cooked in minutes and in one skillet, a great meal for busy nights.
Stir-Fried Beef Peppers and Snow Peas with Cauliflower Rice
- Servings: 1 cup
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cooking Time: 20 min
- ½ head cauliflower, quartered
- 1 ½ lbs skirt steak, cut across the grain into ½ inch strips
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ½ red bell pepper, cut into ½ inch strips
- ½ yellow bell pepper, cut into ½ inch strips
- ½ vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups snow peas, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- In a food processor, add the cauliflower and pulse until finely ground, approximately 2-3 minutes. Transfer the rice to a preheated skillet with 1 tablespoon olive oil and cook until it starts to lightly brown stirring occasionally. Turn off the heat, cover and keep warm. Toss the beef with the cornstarch and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the garlic, ginger, sesame oil, fish sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, hoisin and chili paste. Set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat 1 tablespoon oil over high heat. Add the onions and cook until they begin to brown. Add the peppers and snow peas. Cook for 2 minutes. Push the veggies to the sides of the pan and add the beef to the center. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until cooked through. Add the sauce and stir until thickened.
- Serve the stir-fry over the rice and top with sesame seeds if desired.