I have a strange obsession with eating dinner foods for breakfast and breakfast foods for dinner. I love eggs, avocado toast, and tacos. Not together typically until I came up with this insane creation. Maybe it was the pandemic and not wanting to leave the house during and using whatever foods I had on hand, or maybe it was simply mixed up cravings. Either way, this recipe is jam packed with protein, healthy fats, veggies and fiber. It's out of this world delicious too! Enjoy
Sprouted Avocado Taco Toast
- Yield: 1 serving
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cooking Time: 5 min
- 1 Slice bread (Dave's Killer Bread is my favorite)
- ¼ Cup broccoli (or alfalfa) sprouts
- ¼ Avocado
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tbsp. salsa
- Toast bread and set on a clean plate. Now it's time to layer up the flavor
- First, add your sprouts
- Then mash avocado with a fork and spread evenly over the sprouts
- Prepare the egg to your liking (I prefer over easy) and place on top of your growing creation
- Lastly, top it off with salsa
- Salt and pepper to taste
I've made this recipe a few different ways. While I prefer a runny fried egg, I have also made it with scrambled eggs (2) and poached eggs (2).
To punch up the flavor, add a little taco seasoning and onion to your mashed avocado (so yum). I prefer it plain, letting the broccoli sprouts and salsa be the flavor focus.
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!